Welcome to the St Stephen's School Council
Here, at the School Council, our aim is to give everybody a chance to share their ideas of how to make the school a better place, and make every member of the 'St Stephen's Family' feel safe, happy and welcome.
All of the classes in Key Stage 2 hold an election to choose a Chair, Vice Chair and Secretary to represent them on School Council.
Everyone's ideas are shared at Class Council and we take the most important ideas and questions to our fortnightly School Council meetings.
Some examples of what has been put into action by the members of School Council in recent year are:
- The development of our Eco Garden which helped the school to achieve 'Green Flag' status.
- Putting the trim trail in our playground and a Centenary Clock on the school wall.
- Having Kindles and iPads for computing lessons.
- Sponsored 'Water Carry' and 'Run for Serrekunda' fundraisers for Serrekunda - our link school in Gambia.
- Presenting Reverend Kim Lafferty with a Flag of St George for the church tower.
- Successfully trialling and implementing a 'Sit Where You Like' scheme at dinner time.
- Having a stage built in the playground.
This year our chosen charity is Project Mala - a charity which helps children in rural India to go to school instead of having to work. We will be sponsoring a boy and girl as part of our fundraising activities.
We hope everyone in the St Stephen's Family will give us ideas to further improve our school THIS year. Thank you all for reading this.
Libby Swanick - Secretary of School Council.