Mission and Ethos Statements
St Stephen's C E School aims to develop its children and staff to their full potential in a happy and caring Christian environment by:
- providing a high quality education for all, both academic and social, fostering high expectations and aspirations
- maintaining a caring and disciplined ethos
- maintaining close home/school links
- developing in its pupils, as members of a Church school, a sympathetic and caring approach
- understanding of the Christian faith and a respect for other world faiths.The special gift we have when life is difficult
St Stephen's C E School recognises its historic foundation and will preserve and develop its religious character in accordance with the principles of the Church of England and in partnership with the Churches at parish and diocesan level.
The school aims to serve its community by providing an education of the highest quality within the context of Christian belief and practice. It encourages an understanding of the meaning and significance of faith, and promotes Christian values through the experience offered to all children. Our Key Christian Values are:
LOVE - The special relationship that we have with each other. Fellowship where we, as a community, look after each other.
ENDURANCE - The special gift we have when life is difficult or painful that helps us not to give up.
FORGIVENESS - More than just saying sorry. We can forgive because we are forgiven. "Be compassionate and kind to one another, forgiving each other, just as Christ, God forgave you."
STEWARDSHIP - The belief that God created all things that we need on earth and that we have a responsibility to look after it.
COMPASSION - Feeling sorry for someone and actually doing something about making their life or situation better.
THANKFULNESS - Praise to God for providing all that sustains our life today - the things around us are a gift from God, not a right.