St Stephen's C E School aims to develop its children and staff to their full potential in a happy and caring Christian environment by:
- providing a high quality education for all, both academic and social, fostering high expectations and aspirations
- maintaining a caring and disciplined ethos
- maintaining close home/school links
- developing in its pupils, as members of a Church school, a sympathetic and caring approach
- understanding the Christian faith and respecting other world faiths
St Stephen's C E School recognises its historic foundation and will preserve and develop its religious character in accordance with the principles of the Church of England and in partnership with the Churches at parish and Diocesan level.
The school aims to serve its community by providing an education of the highest quality within the context of Christian belief and practice. It encourages an understanding of the meaning and significance of faith, and promotes Christian values through the experience offered to all children. Our Key Christian Values are: